Are you looking for Christian marriage help to understand the biblical teaching to respect your husband (Ephesians 5:33)? Here are some questions behind the question: How do you respect your husband when he does things you don’t respect?
- How do you show respect to a husband who is doing things that are unacceptable, wrong, or harmful?
- Does it mean you have to tolerate everything?
- Is your respect the same as giving your approval?
- Can you still set a boundary if it doesn’t feel respectful or loving to your spouse?
Listen to this woman’s dilemma: “My husband says I didn’t respect him in our marriage and as a result, he had affairs. He doesn’t seem to understand that I lost respect for him because of the harsh way he treated me, his irresponsible choices, and his blaming me for all the problems.”
What is healthy respect for a husband?
- Respect honors his position as the head of the…